Saturday, April 07, 2007

Den of slack... Mk. 2!


Dorm Room 2
Originally uploaded by jases.
Pictured is my messy as hell, and ever so tiny room. In under 3 weeks, it turned to this. Takes a certain kind of talent, i tells ya!

Well i'm out of Albury at last and in the very similar town of Bathurst. On Sunday I threw pretty much everything I own into my Magna, kissed the dog and patted mum goodbye and took off into the distance, praying to whatever god would hear me that my little car would make it without spitting a wheel or turning into a fiery ball of death. And despite all you non-believers (Max) the little car made it without missing a beat! Suprised the piss out of me!

I had a Macdonalds coffee in Cowra, and then I had to hit the toilet with a vengeance. I remember messaging Jen soon after, because that was the effect the coffee's she used to make had on everyone (JenLax TM) and didnt think much more of it. Two hours later I rolled into Bathurst with my guts churning like crazy and wondering whether it was the coffee that had done this to me, or that fish pastie I had picked up for breakfast at Noels Truckstop in Cootamundra. I had to skid to a halt outside the scummiest public toilets in bathurst and penguin waddle past a family's sunday picnic before unleashing the fury of a thousand suns on that poor public toilet. It honestly sounded like a cartoon representation of Stimpy on the toilet or something... truly fearsome. I even messaged max soon after and told him about it (And before you think it... i dont USUALLY keep my friends updated on my bowel movements... but this was not normal!). After groaning, tooting and farting for a good 10 minutes, I staggered out sweating and crook, only to see some old codger with a red face waiting for the toilet. I dont envy him having to go in there after that abomination...
My hotel was nice enough, but I had the worst nights sleep in history. I was sweating one minute, freezing the next, and perpetually ducking into the toilet with the green apple splatters.I mean, you can pretty much picture me the first day... not bright eyed, bushy tailed, eager to learn and impress. I was tired, droopy eyed, had no appetite, dehydrated, and too petrified to fart in case I shat my pants.

Fortunately, it's been slowly getting better and the rest of this email wont be just about my pooping habits.
The night life (O week) had been fun, and the dag night (op shop night) should be great tonight. Apparently its the biggest night of the week. I feel like a right old fucker here though, being 23 im 5 years older than about 90% of the people I meet. And the RATIO! My god! There are 5 girls to one guy, which may sound nice in theory, but I share 2 toilets and 2 showers with 14 girls which makes it just a little rough on poor old me (im the only guy on my floor).
I'm missing home a little bit, loathe as I am to admit it. But im sure once I get stuck into some actual work I'll be fine.
Hope this finds you all well!
-j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site rocks! Do you like rocks? For other sites that rock see:

http://www.jentopia.blogspot.com