Friday, January 13, 2006

Adelaide, part the 2nd!

The second day was as gloomy as hell. I woke up, hung over, mouth tasting like i'd been sucking on an old boot all night. Housekeeping had forgotten to put a fold out bed in our apartment for me, so uncle Jason spent the night on the lovely 'BackFuck 9000' model couch.
Everyone eventually came out of their rooms looking slightly worse for wear. Max and Caddie, Belle and Matt, and single ol' me just watched some TV with stupid, hungover looks on our faces. Max must have been feeling manly, because he cracked a beer and dared Matt and I to do the same. There was no fucking way that I was even going smell beer at that time, and Matt and I both declined, despite being called pussies by Max. It turned out he had about a mouthfull, turned green, and regretted it so much he tipped the rest out.

The day was saved by one fo the girls we were up with, Anna. Her gorgeous cousin came around and took us to the beach in her old mercedes. And she looked great in a bikini to boot!
We spent a good few hours there. Despite the fact it was pretty damned cold. When youre not from the beach, and you go on a holiday near the beach, you gotta get the hell in, weather be damned!

The next day we were told that the 'singles' (Me, Anna, and Nes) were heading out with Anna's cousin, while the 'couples' (Matt & Belle, Max & Caddie) all went to their separate romantic rendesvous. This suited me just fine, and at about 8.30 pm on a Tuesday night of all things, we were all ferried to the pub by Anna's aunt (lovely lady).
I couldn't believe it. Tuesday night, and the pub was jam packed with gorgeous girls, and smarmy looking metrosexual men. I felt pretty out of place, not having one of those stupid friggin 'faux hawks' , a designer shirt with the collar up that was 3 sizes too small, or a speed addiction and latent homosexuality.
Nonetheless, I manfully soldiered on with my drinking. Admittedly, I didnt talk to any new girls. I mean... that was the time for it. New pub, new place, and if i did something really heinous, they would never see me again! but alas, my time was spent talking to Anna, Ness, and Anna's hot cousin (so it was still pretty good). I partook of the Coopers beer that seems to be Adelaides staple beer, and it wasnt too bad. Not that I could have convincingly picked a good beer from Drano by the time I drunk it (I was on the vodkas until then).
Eventually the pub closed and we wandered to another one just down the road. We were waiting in line for a while, but our chances of being let in were dashed when Anna called a (female) bouncer a 'fucking bitch' and threatening to 'report her' for letting her cousins in before us.
We caught a taxi to a pub called 'Sugar' after that, and I can't clearly remember how it happened, but I ended up on the couch, with Anna's hot cousin on top of me, making out. It was great fun! I just can't recall the exact circumstances that lead up to it... hot girls dont generally just latch on to me. Let alone without a reason!
We went home at about 3, back to the hotel and fooled around all night. I learned later that we had left Anna to the mercy of a nice, but unbelievably boring (apparently) army guy. But she's a big girl, and she sorted her shit out.

I woke up in the morning, hung over, and barely able to move. The hot cousin had left to go to work earlier (Like American Pie 1!! I felt used). But ended up hiring a car with Max and ferrying everyone out to the beach. It was pretty good! A little Suzuki Lianos or something, and I flogged the turd out of the poor little car that wasnt mine!
Come to think of it, that's pretty much how the rest of the week went. Hiring cars, and swimming On the Thursday, we hit the town again. And there were $1.85 cruisers! I dont even like like the damn things, but shit, i drunk them for $1.85! Hot cousin came out again... and I kinda got my hopes up. She's a rad chick and I liked her a little bit... her being keen on the snow, being smart, being really funny and having a cool attitude. But she also had another dude that she seemed pretty keen on hanging around her. C'est la vie, I guess! Seem's to be a running theme with me... the girls I like that I pick up don't want to know me after one night, but the girls I pick up that i'm not that keen on... won't leave me alone!
We flew home on the friday night without any mishaps. It was a fantastic trip, and I should hopefully be able to post some photo's soon. Sorry the ending is so curt, but hell, i'm sick of typing right now, and I have work soon.
-j

No comments: