Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Falls, Part the 1st

Well i'm at a stupidly expensive internet cafe in Frauef Village in Falls Creek, and in no small part for Jens benefit i'm updating my blog.

Well after saying a teary goodbye to Jen on Thursday (yes teary... I'm going to miss her more than I could ever express in this blog, but her latest entry pretty much sums it up) followed by a 'teary, red eye explaining followed by beer' goodbye to the guys at the LAN Mine, I was up bright and early for a trip to Falls Creek with dad.
I was dropped off and had a brief orientation, checked out where I was working and what i was doing, met up with some people and started drinking.
Flying in the face of common sense, I ended up drinking and watching 'dude, wheres my car' in Alana and Candices room until 4am when my inaugural shift was at 7.30am the next morning. I'm freaking stupid sometimes.
So, first day you'd think they would go easy, lightly ease you into the village etc. but no such luck. I had to driver a bus. Around the twisty, incliny Falls Creek village with guests in it.
I think that, strictly speaking, you're meant to have a license for this kind of thing, but not up here!
So shuttle driving I went, and then it started snowing. When the back of the bus started shimmying up a slope with 5 or so guests in it, I radioed back to base and was assigned a 1960 ish Toyota troopy to finish off my shift. It was fun as hell tooling around in that old beast, and eventually it was dark, snowing, and a hell of a way to finish my first day.
Since then, due to a lack of snow, i've generally been drinking, working on the cats (cleaning etc.). I've got a roomy called Ned who's a gun pool player and a pretty good bloke to boot.
That about sums it up so far! When I save enough, i'll be back to post more!
Apologies for any typo's etc. that are in this. Dont have time to go over it!
-j

1 comment:

jenu said...

yay a post!! KEEP updating!! Sounds like you are having an awesome time!