Saturday, September 17, 2005

3 Litres of Beer, Jagermeister, and a Big Black Poo.Part 2

We got some food into us and jumped in Jez's big red 4wd for the windy trip up the mountain. Jen started looking a bit ill about halfway through the first turn, and was mighty green around the gills when we putted into the Falls Creek car-park about 30 minutes later. She held onto her tea like a little trooper though... for now anyway.
It was snowing lightly and fucking freezing up there. We took a 'shortcut' up a snow covered embankment to get on the snow covered road to the pub (Jen was in her Ug Boots. Quite amusing), and giggled as heaps of people slid down the pub's ice-covered steps while we waited for a friend of liz's to show up.
Finally we entered the sausage fest that was the Big Cup party. One hot snowboarding chick for every 4 guys. Jen and I celebrated a bit too soon as one of our jugs was filled, but the other one was denied by a catty bar manager. Obviously we're two system hatin' rebels playing by our own rules with 'plastic jugs'. Tools of the devil indeed. We settled for a mere 1 litre glass and got sufficiently pissed off that. The thing about Big Cup night is, it sounds good in theory. $7 for a huge amount of beer? sounds awesome! Unfortunately, the beer is Tooheys New. And $7, while it isnt a huge amount, is still too much to pay when it's for a piece of your own death. Secondly, you can only take so much beer before the thought of any more makes you vomit a little bit in your own mouth.
So, on my advice, we all hit the Jager Bombs. These things fuck you up, and give you energy! Its a perfect combination! I think Jen, Liz and I all had the same amount, and when you take into account the fact that Liz and Jen combined probably don't weigh as much as me, and I was pretty messy, they must have been rooted.
After we'd all had enough, it was time to stagger down the snow covered treacherous road back to the car. I mean, it sounds easy, but there were one or two spills along the way. I actually had a hold of the back of Jens jumper, holding her up as she two-stepped, slipped and weaved down the road. I may have pushed her on a bit quicker as Liz and 'The Dude Who We Were Drinking With Whose Name I Forget' were macking behind us.
The car trip home was relatively uneventful. All the drunk people annoying the hell out of the sober people as we sung along to 'Foo Fighters - learn to fly' and 'Green Day - Longview', before I fell asleep on Jens shoulder.
I woke up in the morning to an argument about "Whose spew is this?" because someone (most likely Jen) had ralfed right in between Liz and Jen in the bed they were sharing. Liz left to go instruct snowboarding and Jen and I bummed around the house until we felt human enough to take the drive home. We were about to leave when I walked past Jen with an amazed look on her face in the loungeroom. "I just did the biggest, blackest poo ever". It must have been pretty amazing, because most people I know arent that astounded by their bowel movements.
Well, almost a week after it ended, i finally covered big cup night. I have to actually do some real work now.
-j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it was REALLY black!

- anonymous