Friday, September 02, 2005

Work sucks...

This week was one of the longest ones of my life, or so it seemed. Last weekends escapades left me pretty burnt out, and when you couple this with my particular employment (ie. one thats positively deadshit-boring) it turns into it's own unique little variety of hell.
When you're opening mail at work, you get the magnetic media (disk, CD, what-have-you) and clip it to the form that comes with it, date stamp it and send it on it's merry little way. If you get more than one piece of magnetic media, you stamp the sheet, photocopy the form and clip one to each disk.
On Wednesday, I opened a box with two hundred and sixty five disks in it, with a single damned form! Downstairs uncle Jase goes, amongst the silent (except for the tapping of keyboards and the occasional cough) key edit people. I copped many a greasy from these hard working people as I basically lolled about while the photocopier took 15 minutes to spit out 264 copies of the form in all its whirring, clacking glory. I returned upstairs, triumphant that I had just set some sort of record, but then I realised I hadn't stamped the original form. Now there were 264 forms that needed to be individually date stamped. Everyone had a good old laugh while I ferociously stamped the shit out of the first seventy or so forms before my arm got sore as hell and I had to tone it down a bit.
This incident pretty much explains my whole week. On Thursday I had my lunch (garlic naan bread and rice) clog up in my oesophagus and pretty much fuck me right up until I left work early and pulled, for the first time ever, the old two finger down the throat trick to make myself barf. Not a pretty sight I can tell you.
Theres more to write, but I thinki'll split it into 2 entries. Its boring as hell poking your way through a whole mess of text, especially my text.
-j

1 comment:

jenu said...

I think that goes back to the whole "you are an idiot" thing..for the photocopy thingo anyway.