Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Saaaatttuuurrrdddaaaayyy!

This was a new experience for me. I actually tried a pill. And while it was a great night, it's Wednesday and i still feel burnt out, so i'm not going to be doing it again anytime soon. At least I know with alchohol, i'll wake up, i'll have a spew and after something greasy, the world is once again a, if not wonderful, at least bearable place. The pills burn out something deep inside you that seems to take a while to get over. I guess when you're dancing for hours when your body is pretty much on empty, you gotta expect some side effects. Regardless, i'm glad i tried it. Fantastic night.
After a lot of farting around at Normies house (we waited til 11.30 because he wanted his mum to give him a haircut!) I was the one non-drunk person and scooted us into Geelong to meet some friends of Steveo's house and get a few more drinks into us while the drinks were plentiful and cheap. Normie made me a vodka & orange so strong that it would have stripped paint so I could make up for lost drinking time.
We sauntered down to the main street at midnight-ish, stopping only for a bottle of water at mcdonalds so we could all take our 'pills'. I was pretty nervous, but I was with a lot of friends, and a few of the more experienced ones told all the 'pill-noobs' to come to them if they started freaking out. I'm not sure exactly when it hit me, but we all hit the dance floor after being let in by one of the fattest bouncers I have ever seen, and never looked back. I swear, i probably looked like a turd. I'm not the greatest dancer at the best of times, but take my awkward dancing style, throw in seemingly limitless energy and fantastic non Albury (read: no 'Love Shack or DJ Sammy crap) music and I burned up the dance floor, epilepsy style, for hours.
The women in Geelong are fantastic. Punk ones, blonde ones, short ones, tall ones. It was my elysium. I just wish I had more game on the night, but there you go.
The first girl who danced into me and chatted was, and I shit you not, a Norwegian Exchange Student. Tall, blonde and fucking stunning, but according to her friend, she goes out all the time, flirts with all the guys and goes home to her probably very large and violent boyfriend. She had a friend who was less hot, less skinny, and decidedly less norwegian who tried to crack onto me. She actually tried to guilt me into going home with her, and I kept calling her bluff by offering her taxi money etc. I guess she must have eventually gotten the hint because she dissapeared at some stage... my addled mind can't exactly recall when.
The rest of the night passed in a blur. There were a few more girls chatted to, a lot more dancing to be had. Benny came out of the toilet once almost crying with laughter. A dude had gotten so drunk, he fell asleep while peeing at the urinal, fell against the wall, slid down that and into the trough. When his head hit the bottom his cigarette actually flipped onto his face.
Eventually we all started burning out and drove home for 3 hours sleep before the longest car trip I can ever remember having. Back, legs, arms, everything was aching something fierce as Steveo, Benny, George and I all hit the tarmac back to Albury.
There is more to write, but I really could not be shagged. Bed awaits!
-j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't come crying to me when you have a drug overdose and you're dead.

- Anonymous person who you don't know

jenu said...

OMG that person just wrote exactly what i was thinking....how funny