Thursday, August 18, 2005

Holy Flerking Schnitt!

Last night at about 8, I was gearing up for my usual few hours of counter-strike before bed when I was asked if i wanted to go to see 'Architecture In Helsinki'. I hummed and hahed, thought carefully over how late it would be (11pm start) and what time i had to get up tomorrow (about 5.30am) and for some reason thought it would be a great idea.
Don't get me wrong, the night was fantastic. AIH don't really play my kind of music, but it was quirky and fun and very interesting stuff, and good music does not come to Albury often enough.
I tried plying my works new employee, James, with beer (he refused. The boy just turned 18 and he was turning down free beers!) as well as downing a good many myself. That shit just went straight through me though. I swear, i'd drink a beer and 3 minutes later i'd have a still cold, fizzy amber pee. I probably took in excess of ten of these before I rolled home at 2am ish.
The penalty for my excesses was of course, work today. I bounced out of bed at 5.30am and was feeling chipper for about 2 seconds before the headspins kicked in and I almost tripped into my wardrobe. There was the standard hung-over/still drunk/shit i'm tired pants ordeal (one leg in... hold it steady... steady... get the left one in... FUCK I fell over!), followed by some porridge that I managed to choke down, and even the taste of toothpaste made me feel like I needed to vom. Out the door i stumbled with hair looking like the cat had combed it and 2 eyes squinting atop some serious purple luggage.
Work isn't terribly stimulating at the best of times, but today was absolutely abominable. When i'm feeling good, I generally zone out and do my thing at work without stuffing it up too much. But today, I was catching myself doing the drunken ponder over many a damned thing that I usually wouldnt pay attention too. I uploaded data for a company called "mezzanine style" or something of that nature, and for a good couple of minutes, I wondered what it would be like to 'do it' mezzanine style.
I then realised that there was no such style, nor had there ever been. It was that kind of day.
The rest of the day was much the same. Slow reactions, reading and re-reading addresses of envelopes I was opening... I had no need to read those addresses! I just had to open the damned letter!. One incident where I caught myself nodding off on the toilet and my long-arse day was done.
I really need to hit the hay... I am a zombie right now.
Oh, and according to my housemate, I have athletes foot. I'm not sure what this entails, but I'll sleep sound tonight in the knowledge that there is fungus growing on my feet. Yee haw.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gee this blog is cool. i especially enjoy your smooth flowing writing style

Anonymous said...

any naked pictures, i'm some hot gurrll from albuquerque. my number is 0403742911...call me

Anonymous said...

hey i enjoy this blog, it's very sensuous and makes me think "is this guy really a guy, seems like a girl"

Rex
xx

Anonymous said...

I like Ducks


Shaun (Texas)
xx