Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cleanin' Fever!

Today I did the the unthinkable, and actually cleaned my car.
Any of you who have seen my car in all its former glory will truly appreciate the magnitude of this announcement. My car was disgusting. Due to a knackered seal in the back drivers side door, rain would seep through the seal, run down the inside of the door, and form in a stagnant pool in the base of the metal doorframe. When that was full, it would run over the top and into the carpet undeneath the drivers seat. Couple this with the amounts of old magazines, payslips, bank statements, socks and general bric a brac which form a protective layer over the wet carpet, and you have a mold farm (yes, there was mold there) that 'pa would be proud of.
Some things of note that i found:

  • An umbrella. I have never bought, owned, and cant remember ever having used and umbrella. And yet there it sits...
  • Fireworks from a roadtrip that some mates and I took in January.
  • Bottles of booze from the same trip.
  • An Astroboy figuring, with scorch marks denoting an assasination attempt using the fireworks. Also from the same trip.
  • A soaking wet, genuinely moldy sock. Or 3.
  • I found my tent! Last used at easter when I went camping with some mates.
  • A few months ago i signed up to have have $20 a month taken out of my bank account to go to 'Doctors Without Borders' which I had very much forgotten about. Found my now wet signup form coating the mold. This solves a few mysteries regarding my bank balance.
  • A flowered bikini top.
  • About $10 in shrapnel! Score!

And despite looking the best its looked in well over a year, the poor thing doesnt run any better than it did. Clean or not, the power steering belt squeals like a cut cat when its cold, and the oil continues to flow out of a buggered seal underneath it. These will be fixed at some stage i'm sure...

-j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doctors without Borders? Have you been watching the news lately? They just got busted for the biggest charity scam ever! I'd cancel that direct debit if I were you!