Sunday, August 21, 2005

Assault By Snow

Yesterday I spent the day snowboarding with friends, and to quote futurama, "i feel like i've been beaten up by jesus". Legs, back, arms and stomach all feel like someone had a crack at them with a baseball bat, but it was totally worth it. Brilliant day, awesome weather, hanging with Jen , her man, and a few other mates at Falls Creek. On top of this, i was actually able to stay up on the damned snowboard for more than 30 seconds (I struggle to stay up for 30 seconds, usually). Whooshing down the hills, avoiding the few lesser snowboarders and being avoided by the mass of greater snowboarders. Sure, there were a few faceplants. And i'd be lying if i said a friend didnt snowboard between my legs, taking us both out and getting hopelessly tangled directly underneath a major snowlift in what looked like a very compromising position. It only took a mere 5 minutes of overhead homosexual remarks and accusations before we were on our way again.
Sometime during the day, I was feeling pretty confident with myself, so I lent Jen my gloves (I would have done that, regardless of confidence, mind you. She's cold-blooded by nature. Like a snake) and took off down the "Drovers Run" ski run with dazzling confidence. As soon as I didnt have gloves, I crashed more and harder than I had all damned day. Awe inspiring cartwheels, magnificent rolls, spine tingling crashes where my board dug into deep, soft snow and I had to lay on my back and do a spastic worm manouver to get it out. This was my life as soon as I had relinquished my gloves, and each time I had to dig my poor virgin hands into the freezing snow to hoist myself up again.
I felt pretty chipper all through the day, as soon as we got in the car for the trip home though, I hit the wall hard and dozed off all the way back to Wodonga. After a few pizza's at Baz and Rels I got home and crashed so quick I dont think I remember my head hitting the pillow, and didnt stir until 12 hours later when I had to go to work.
I won't bore my adoring public with a recount of todays work. It was the same as it was every other day. Except sorer. Although an absolutely gorgeous girl came in though, who had been in last week and I had a lovely chat to back then. Although now I had met her... I had nothing to say, so in true Jason style it was "two dollars... thank you. See you later!". No wonder i'm single! No game whatsoever!
Well, i'm out. I just had 3 beers to help me sleep before another day at the tax office, and assuming I dont need to pee every 4 minutes, I need a nice long nights sleep.
Oh, and the tinea is still on the rampage. I'll tell you when, in the words of Christian Rudder: "it turns into a full blown jizz-fest all up and down my legs". Should be sweet.
-j

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to be now foot disease free..try looking up pictures of plantar warts AND tinea. not fun....or sexy

Anonymous said...

that was me btw. jen