Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's friiiiiiiday night!

The grand Business Club ball finally came to pass last friday, and holy shit am I glad I decided to go. A few days before I was thinking weak thoughts, such as "I can't really afford this" and "I'll be drinking all next day!". Thank christ I grew some balls and suited up.
This particular suit is a pretty typical 'old man' suit; brown with pinstripes. Mix this with my red con's and a pink shirt, and it looks... well i'm not sure really. I should really dig up a picture from somewhere, but you'll just have to wait.
I rocked up to the house where Jen was having pre drinks with a few of our friends, and rolled in to see her, Rel, Laney and Jo all looking stunning and drunk. It was great! Photo's were taken, Benny (Rel's fella) rocked up along with Jens man, which put a big cheesy grin on her face about a mile wide. Then it was off to the ball.
I hit the shots pretty hard to start with (You got 4 drinks with your price of admission. The first one tasted fucking nasty, but it's all alchohol!), and chatted with Will, Brad, and Eliot about World of Warcraft (hmmm...) before hitting the dance floor with my ex-girlfriend and generally shuffling away to the band.
Theres a big blank patch right about this stage of the night. I'm pretty confident I was dancing with a girl who was cute, and had a nose ring. She ducked away for some reason, and then she came back, sans nose ring. But I thought it was the same girl! This has me pretty well fucked as to what happenned in this period Regardless of this, we chatted, danced, drank a shitload more and I ended up walking her back to her place to get some ID.
She changed shoes (the high heels were mauling her poor feet) and we headed to the Globe. Ended up playing pool with her very badly, drinking a bit more and heading back to her place after a while. She's gorgeous, but I got zero sleep thanks to the single bed thing. And for some reason, she fluffed the fuck out of my hair. Anyone whjo knows me knows that my hair pretty much triples in size once it breaks the gel stronghold, and girls seem to love ruffling the shit up! This left me, at 8.30am, walking home past joggers, early shoppers and a large amount of traffic with a rumpled suit, bleary eyes, and enormous hair. Truly, I am a classy gentleman.
I hit the hay and got about 1 hour of blessed sleep before I was up and ready to go to the Berrigan Races.
This'll have to wait until tomorrow though. Im rooted.
-j

No comments: