Wednesday, November 16, 2005

And to add injury... to more injury

Well, i'm on the arse end of a truly shitty bout of the 'flu.
At least it hasnt hung around long, but 2 nights ago... during my 6 hours of constant tossing and turning, and being freezing cold, piling on blankets, followed by sweating like a trenchdigger and kicking the blankets off my bed. Talk about a shitty night!
Last night wasn't so bad. It was time to get crucial, and I prepared a three pronged attack to deal with the illness:

1) Drugs! - Strepsils, lemsip ease-a-cold tablets, Kilkenny beer, wine, some painkillers that the doctor gave me when I broke my wrist that I found under my deodorant, and nurofen.

2) Healthy food! - Toast with some kind of fish from a can on it for breakfast, salad sandwich for lunch, and I cooked up 3 little T-bone steaks witha pre made Safeway salad.

3) DVD's! - Uhhh... admittedly, this is a pretty weak prong... but no-one has ever heard of a two pronged attack. On any illness. Anyways, I watched 'The Office', 'Dazed and Confused', and '28 Days Later' in one, steady, drinking session.

My main concern was that I would have another terrible nights sleep. So I tried to solve my problems with alchohol. I had the beer with tea, and then hooked into the bottle of wine while dave and I watched DVD's. I think I was pretty wrecked by the end of it (the bottles pretty much empty, and Dave wasnt drinking). Mix that with the mystery pills from under my deodorant, and I slept like a dead thing until 5am. This was when the hot / cold bullshit kicked off again. But I managed to sleep fitfully until almost 1pm.
Heres hoping I sleep that well tonight! I have some sort of interview with a job agency tomorrow. Should be... interesting...
-j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

update me!