Friday, November 11, 2005

Great Week.

Well, to pretty much sum this week up... I lost my job. And I fell over. Pretty good, eh?
On Monday, I rolled into work and learned that 30 people would be finishing that day.
Everyone started typing, and the boss announced she'd be calling people into her office, in no particular order, to tell them whether they still had a job. I was kind of worried, but I mean, I seem to have pretty good luck when it comes to jobs (Havent been fired, havent been too much of a slacker) so I thought i'd be safe.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.
I got called in and straight off the bat "We will be letting you go today Jason".
I took it with pretty good grace, didnt kick, scream, yell or anything. In hindsight, I should have pulled a 'Fight Club' move and beat myself up. That would have been awesome!
But I ended up walking out of there thinking "There goes my cushy, $20 an hour job".
Just quietly though, it could'nt have come at a worse time. I paid rego just before that day ($566) as well as bills ($400) and I was thinking "Well, im broke, but at least next paycheck will be good!". Unfortunately fate answered with a "NO Jason. Fuck you, Jason!".
Thursday I went with Jen and her best friend to go and give blood. Unfortunately, they were too flat-out to get blood from me, so I amused myself watching "Bear in the big blue house" and eating free minties and biscuits.
Once they had sucked the blood out of Jen and her best friend, we headed outside to the most piss-poor day I have seen in ages. It was bleak, rainy, and windy as hell. All three of us started running to the car. I got out to an early lead, and was rounding a corner when I slipped on some rocks. I went arse over in awesome fashion, right in front of a mother and her young son.
I just lay on my back for a little while. I mean, i'm 22... what kind of 22 yr old just falls the fuck over?! I felt 3 years old!
I had the keys, so I got up and let Jen and her best friend into the car before checking out my injuries... scraped the hell out of my hand, banged up my wrist, and have a lump on my elbow and a scraped knee. Nothing serious, but full of gravel and fucking painful.
All in all, NOT a cool week!
-j

2 comments:

jenu said...

You know what I'm hearing "blah blah blah blah blah". No I'm kidding. You haven't had a very good week. All it means though is when we go out in a couple of friday nights time Jen will have to shout everything!

Anonymous said...

Aww...poor boy