Friday, November 25, 2005

Spare some change, mista?

Unfortunately, no 'Suntan Lotion Applicator' position has popped up for any Brazilian womens volleyball team, so i'm still unemployed and living skint. Today I spent a good two hours writing a brief application letter for a hotel reception job at the Mount Buffalo Chalet. For some reason (I blame movies), every damned stereotype about such people that pops into my mind is flagrantly homosexual and excessively snooty. I'm not sure if 'snooty' and 'gay' are words that should reguarly appear on a resume, but I really need the money, so I may have to keep my 'straight' and 'non-snooty' tendencies a little bit hush-hush.

Yesterday, my housemate Dave came home with a half-slab of corona's and a bag of ice.
Dave and I spent a good 10 minutes throwing, kicking and kneeing the bag at each other until it snagged on a spike on the floor and spread ice from arsehole to breakfast. We just scooped it up and put it in the sink to cool the beer, but it was just such an illogical, irrelevant act... theres something fun about those and they don't happen often enough. In most other households, you'd get yelled at for spilling ice, and people would worry and stress about stuff like that. Not here, fortunately!

Right now, it's 3.30am and it's been a really shitty week. There's just been a lot of things that have built up into this large mess of worries in my head. It's mainly about money trouble, but I think one of my friends caught my tonsilitis, and I feel kind of worthless.. i generally don't stress about much, but everything is kind of getting me down lately.
Argh! I hate writing like this! I sound like such a little bitch! Lots of people have it worse than I.
I'm going to try to play guitar for a while.
-j

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww. My mum says tonsillitis isn't contagious. Anyway its not your fault.

And our house is not THAT bad.