Sunday, November 13, 2005


Theft!

Last night I could have sworn I drove to work. I headed out once I knocked off at midnight, and didnt think too much about my car parked in the cinema centre carpark. On the way to work this morning, I had a quick look in the parking lot (my friend, Jen, got a ticket yesterday. I was checking if the same had happenned to me) and... I couldnt see it. It wasnt fucking there!
I seriously didnt know what to think! In one week, i'd lost my job, fallen on my ass (theres painful scabs all over me now), and now my car had been nicked! What are the chances?!
Jen was already at work (studying like crazy... you'd think exams were coming up or something), and I came in... dazed... and told her that my car wasnt in the parking lot. I was thinking 'I've got to call the police, remember my rego number, think of what was in the car at the time etc.'
Jen took all of about 20 seconds to remind me... that i'd left it at a friends house on friday night. Im such a fool! I was seriously going to call the cops... had Jen not been there, the would be searching for my car right now.
Im such a dick...
-j

Current Mo. Status:

Burgeoning

2 comments:

jenu said...

All of 20 seconds to remind you to do the thing you do when you lose something, remember when you last had it. Honestly I felt a bit stupid going "well where did you last have it" "what about on friday night?" "Fully expecting you to go no, no I definitely had it yesterday"...but no sadly the lightbulb went on..

Anonymous said...

I found this to be very amusing